Are You Ready To Make Money Affiliate Marketing?
Before you start trying to make money with affiliate marketing, you have to know how this business model works. Affiliate marketing has become one of the most popular ways to make money online. It’s a type of performance based marketing where a business or merchant rewards affiliates for each customer that that the affiliate brings to the business via their own marketing efforts.
Businesses and merchants like to use affiliates to sell their products and services because the affiliates to do their marketing for them. When you are an affiliate it’s a great way to earn an online income because you can sell products without having to buy stock, sort out payment systems or organize any deliveries.
Keep in mind that these businesses and merchants they pay nothing if the affiliate doesn’t sell anything. So, if you want to make money with affiliate marketing it’s important to be clear on what your responsibilities as an affiliate and the responsibilities of the business or merchant.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Before we look at how to make money with affiliate marketing, let’s look at the four main components of the affiliate marketing business model:
- What Is An Affiliate? – An affiliate is a person who sells, promotes or advertises a products that isn’t theirs and earns a commission on the sales that they generate. The job of an affiliate is to direct prospective customers to the merchant’s website. If the prospect buys the product, they merchant will pay the affiliate a percentage of the total sale price.
- What Is An Affiliate Company? – This is a business or merchant that owns a product or service and aims to maximize sales and leads by allowing affiliates to promote and sell their products.
- Who Is The Customer? – The customer browses the internet and clicks on a ad that has been placed by the affiliate. The ad is tracked back to the affiliate and when the customer buys the product or service, the merchant will pay the affiliate a commission.
- What Are Affiliate Networks? – Affiliate networks provide a platform for merchants and affiliates to work together. It’s where merchants can list the products that they have for sale and where affiliates can find products to promote. Affiliate networks take care of the agreements between the two parties and ensure that both are protected.
How Do You Make Money With Affiliate Marketing?
1. Pick A Niche
First, choose a market or niche instead of a product. The reason for this is that you then add more products into your portfolio. Choose a market that you are interested in and gather as much information as you can on what people in that market are looking for.
2. Find Affiliate Offers
Once you have found your market, it’s time to find products that you can promote as an affiliate. For example, with the Amazon Affiliate Program you can promote and sell any product on the Amazon website. There is also find a huge choice of other networks with products you can sell at CJAffiliate, ClickBank and JVZoo. Take the time to check out different affiliate companies. The best affiliate marketing companies provide marketing materials for you to use and details on conversion rates, product info and other affiliate marketing tips. Your chosen affiliate program will need to provide you with a unique URL that will link to the product sales page. That link will also track any sales that you make. Don’t forget to get this link because without it, none of your sales will be recorded!
FREE Checklist: Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
3. Build An Email Autoreponder
An autoresponder is a piece of software that automatically emails information to people when they provide you with their email address. Once you have chosen which autoresponder service you wish to use, you create a series of emails that includes information about your chosen product. This can be a series of basic information or you can provide tips about the niche you are in. Within your emails, you will include your unique URL link to the product sales page.
4. Build A List Of Prospects
If you’re building a legitimate online business you’ll need a website. The website will show your affiliate products and grab the visitors email. Create a page on your website where you can obtain your visitors email address so that you can send them your autoresponder emails
5. Generate Traffic
Once your website is built, you need to generate traffic to it. You can use both free website traffic methods and paid website traffic methods. Try different techniques and see what works best for you. What may work well in one niche may not work so well in another. Test all your traffic sources and scale up what is working and drop what is not.
6. Get Paid And Repeat
Once you have started to make a consistent income with one product, add more products to your portfolio. As you build your email list and your subscribers come to know, like and trust you, you can offer them different products and services related to your niche. It is much easier to sell to a customer who has bought from you in the past, than sell to a brand new customer.
Why Do People Fail When Trying To Make Money With Affiliate Marketing?
When you know how to do affiliate marketing, you’ll see it’s a great way of earning money online. You don’t need to go the time, trouble and expense of creating your own product and the product owner takes care of the payments, customer queries and product delivery. To learn more about making money as an affiliate this Free Video Course reveals “the truth” about profiting online and you’ll find out exactly where so many people go wrong when they try to make money with affiliate marketing.