Got A Website Traffic Problem? Use These Tactics
Online, if you have a website traffic problem it’s a barrier to success. One of the most significant keys to success is getting your target audience to visit your website. The more visitors you have, the better your sales and profits.
Sometimes, even when you know your keywords and you’re regularly doing keyword research to stay on top of what’s popular, you still need to increase traffic to your website. Here are 7 quick and easy tips to solve your website traffic problem.
7 Ways To Solve Your Website Traffic Problem
1. Ensure You Tag Your Keywords
Do you spend a lot of time optimizing your content and then neglect to tag them on your webpage? Using proper tags will increase website traffic because it’s how search engines scan your pages. If there are no tags they’ll pass right by your web pages. Here’s a quick brief on tags.
- Title Tags: Title tags are quite possibly the most important place to situate your keywords. Here’s what they look like – <title>Primary keyword phrase here. </title>
When writing an article or post, the section where you write a headline will automatically form the title tag. Your title tag is where you place your primary keyword or keyword phrase. The sentence will describe your article or post in less than 90 characters.
- Header Tags: Header tags are next in order of importance to search engines. They’re ranked in order of importance and look like this – <h1>Primary and/or Secondary keywords here</h1>
The “1” designates this header as the most important header on the page.
- Meta Tags: Meta tags provide the small descriptive text found underneath the title tag on the search engine results page. Keep your meta tags brief and informative.
- Alt Tags: Alt tags are used to provide a text description of a graphic. Each graphic on your site should have a description and an alt tag.
2. Add New Content Regularly
Content is essential for traffic and a top search engine ranking. Good quality content is what search engine spiders look for and index. Without content it there’s nothing to index or rank. Give visitors and search engines a reason to visit and index your site. Make a commitment to provide regular, optimized content and your traffic will soar.
3. Get Relevant Incoming Links
The more websites which link to your webpages the more valuable search engines perceive you to be. But not all links are created equal. Search engines give more leverage to links from websites which are popular and credible. Also you want links from sites which are relevant to your website topic.
There are 3 different types of links.
- A direct link looks like a basic website address, for example, www.yourwebsite.com
- A text link occurs when the webpage address is embedded in the text. Readers simply click on the link and are redirected to a new website page.
- When the link is to an internal page on your website, it’s called a “deep link.”
You can encourage linking to your website by:
- Adding content to your website
- Submitting to article directories
- Publishing press releases
- Participating in social networking forums, chat rooms and social networking sites.
4. Be Social
Now more than ever before, internet marketing is about building a community. Social networking is an effective way of driving traffic to your website. Sites like Facebook and Twitter can be powerful tools for generating links and traffic to your site. Create a profile and then post comments, links to your website and ideas which generate conversation. Get involved in chat rooms and forums are specific to your niche. Speak to and connect with a highly targeted audience. Always offer value and that audience will want to check out your website.
Advertising, when handled strategically, can be used to promote your content and products or services. Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising is often the tool of choice to buy targeted website traffic. It enables you to control the advertising budget on a daily basis and have the tools to test and track your advertising efforts. Once you’ve honed your PPC ads the return on investment can be phenomenal in terms of traffic and purchases.
6. Use More Video
There are over 1 billion people using YouTube every month so you have the potential to reach a huge audience. Videos are a great way to get website traffic for free. They can be produced simply and quickly and you don’t even need to be on camera. Statistics show that any type of web page that has a video on it is fifty times more likely to reach the first page of Google. According to research done by Cisco videos are going to account for 69% of all internet traffic by the year 2017.
7. Build A Customer Database
Building a customer database of email addresses is an important task for every online business. It enables to you send emails to people who have already shown an interest in your products and services. When you’ve posted new content to your website, you can email your list with a link to that content. Remember that these people signed up to your list because they were interested in your products and services and wanted to receive more information from you. Getting a ‘warm prospect’ to return to your website will strengthen your relationship with them and they’ll be more likely to buy from your website than a first time visitor.
Free Traffic Mini Course
Anything you do online is pretty much useless if you you don’t know how to direct traffic to your website. It doesn’t matter how many pages you create, how much time you spend researching or how much content you write if you never get website traffic. Getting traffic is one thing but getting targeted traffic is another. You need people to to visit your website who are genuinely interested in your products and services. To find out how you can get highly targeted visitors to your website, this Free Traffic Mini Course will help you to solve your website traffic problem so that you find your ideal customers and sales.