How To Improve Your Website Content
Content marketing is a technique where you improve your website content to increase your website reach, boost conversion rates and generate more leads. Content is the backbone of all your online marketing strategies – from organic search engine traffic to paid campaigns. It plays a big role in boosting every marketing tactic.
However, HubSpot research found that although 79% of marketers believe in the effectiveness of content marketing, only 6% know how to use it properly. To scale your business, you need to create content on your website and social media pages that focus on your customers’ needs. This will help to improve the trust that your audience has with your brand.
Instead of just focusing on your calls to action, you also need to create content that drives conversions. Fortunately, leveraging content marketing to boost conversions isn’t too hard. Here are four effective tips you can use to improve your website content to engage with your readers and improve conversions.
How To Improve “Website Content”
1. Create Persuasive CTAs
One of the best ways to enhance website content is to be more persuasive and exact in your CTAs (call to action). The call to action is where you expect your target audience to do something – whether it’s signing up for free trials, buying a product, or subscribing to your newsletter.
Clearly convey what you want visitors to do. If you want them to sign up for a blog, just say it. To improve your conversions, you can include some case studies or social proof if it is appropriate. Also, you can use bullets to show prospective customers the benefits and details of what you’re offering.
Positioning your CTAs mostly depends on the marketing goal you’re pursuing. However, make sure they are detailed and exact as this will boost your conversions. Summarize your target action in a few words and put it inside a button.FREE Checklist: 5 Step Content Strategy
2. Optimize Your Content for Purchase-Intent Keywords
Customers find and visit your website intending to convert, or not. If you want to persuade them to convert, create and optimize your content for conversion-oriented keywords. This will encourage them to take the action that you want them to take. Use long-tail keywords (three and four words that are very specific to what you’re selling) because people who search for these keywords are 2.5 times more likely to convert.
Also, use trigger words such as “free,” “new,” and “now” to capture the attention and create a sense of urgency among potential customers who are interested in making a purchase or signing up. Test and establish what trigger words convert more visitors based on your key metrics, and use them in your website improvement plan.
To optimize your content for conversion-oriented keywords:
- Add keywords naturally in your content. Use them in headlines, subheadlines and within your content. Avoid keyword stuffing and spell your keywords correctly.
- Focus on audience preferences. Pay more attention to the type of content your target customers need the most — product pages, product reviews, guides, or videos.
- Remember Your SEO. Write appealing SEO (search engine optimization) page headline and meta descriptions that will show up in organic results.
- Add target keywords in all content. Include the target keywords in subsections within your content and in the FAQ page which helps customers get answers to their questions before purchasing your products.
3. Leverage Powerful Headlines
Headlines are one of the clever ways to make people read your content and boost your conversions. Thus, headlines should be your starting point in content creation if you want to boost your conversions.
Writing headlines that spark curiosity will encourage more people to click to read more, and these customers are more likely to subscribe and read the content you’re offering.
Here are some ideas to help you create high-converting headlines:
- Create the numbered list titles. Titles with numbers are winners in click-throughs.
- Create headlines with 5 to 9 words. Research suggests that headlines with eight words perform the best.
- Include power words. Adding sensory power words in your headlines grabs readers’ attention and it takes your headlines to the next level. For instance, words such as “secret” and “danger” will make readers interested in reading more because they activate their imagination.
- Use CoSchedule Headline Analyzer to analyze your headlines. This tool helps you to rate the ability of your headlines to drive conversions.
4. Build a Sense of Urgency
One of the best ways to boost conversions is to tell customers that the time to buy is now. Creating a sense of urgency in your content marketing efforts will make your customers worry the product might not be available in the near future.
A sense of urgency can improve your sales by as much as 332%. So focus on offering low-stock alerts, limited-time deals, and countdown timers for sales. However, don’t use urgency all the time. Only use it periodically, otherwise, customers won’t take your deals seriously.
Free Checklist To Help Improve Your Website Content
When you develop your value-driven content marketing strategy, it’s important that you understand who your audience is, while also knowing what your brand is and what you want that brand to represent and to whom. When you put your customer value and satisfaction first and focus on problem-solving, the more that customers will be attracted to you.
For maximum effect, experiment and see what content performs best in your content marketing. If you continually create conversion-driven content, it won’t take long before you see the results. For more information on how to improve website content, download my free checklist, The 5 Step Content Strategy and discover the best practices used by the most successful bloggers and online entrepreneurs.