How Are People Making Money On The Internet?
If you do some research, you’ll see that there are a vast array of choices for making money on the internet. Blogging for profit, pay per click advertising, membership websites, freelancing, information product production, affiliate marketing, online coaching, virtual assistant- the list goes on.
But are they for real? It’s overwhelming –
even for the most focused individual.
How do you sort through it all?
Where do you begin?
How Do You Start Making Money On The Internet?
For those who are determined and have an entrepreneurial spirit, making money on the internet is not only possible, it can be very lucrative too. All you really need is a product to promote in a niche with a demographic that’s willing to pay for their consumables. There are many legitimate ways to make money online even if you don’t have your own product or service to sell.
You do this through affiliate marketing programs. With affiliate marketing, you can choose from a vast array of products to promote online, all with a website sales page already set up for you. All you need to do is find a way to drive traffic to that website using a specific hyperlink. When somebody clicks on that hyperlink, goes to the sales page and decides to buy that product, you get paid a commission by the product owner.
Affiliate Marketing Explained
Affiliate marketing is the best way to make a money online when you you first get started in the internet business world. Your job is to generate targeted traffic to a particular website selling a product for which you get commission on each and every sale. You don’t own the product but you come up with creative ways to connect a prospective customer to the website sales page.
Just about anything you can think of is available to sell through an affiliate program, including:
- Thousands of eBooks and e-courses on hundreds of different subjects
- Internet services like autoresponders, keyword tools and hosting companies
- Membership websites
- Video rental (think Netflix)
- Tangible books, videos and music
- Electronics and computers
- Health and beauty items…and more
As you can see, affiliate sales offer an amazing opportunity for both the new and the seasoned internet marketer alike.
FREE Checklist: Affiliate Marketing For Beginners
Finding The Right Market
If you want to start making money on the internet you do have to do some work. There is no such thing as ‘push button – get rich quick‘. Firstly, you’ll need to do some homework to pick the right products to promote. That involves deciding on the niche you want to work in and then researching where to find the product or service that you want to promote within the niche. Start off with the niches that already interest you or where you already have some knowledge.
A good affiliate marketer knows his or her market. Part of the way they get to know them is through being a member of niche forums or social media groups and paying attention to the questions that keep coming up. When you know what people in your market want, it makes it a lot easier for you to find products that will fulfill their needs.
Finding The Right Products
Once you know your market and the type of product you want to sell, you have to find that product. One of the most popular places to start is the ClickBank Marketplace. This is free to join and offers affiliate marketers a huge selection of different products and services in a wide variety of niches. When you choose a product, grab your unique affiliate hyperlink for the product (called a hop-link). This is the link that will take your prospects to the product sales page. You need your prospects to click on this exact link to ensure that any sales are tracked back to you.
Of course, you aren’t limited to selling products from ClickBank. There are many other affiliate marketing companies out there. Here are 7 Affiliate Marketing Companies You Should Know.
Finding The Right Customers
Now you need to promote your unique affiliate hyperlink to your target market so that they click on it. There are many ways to catch and drive traffic to your affiliate offers. Bear in mind that before you start making money on the internet, you may need to spend a little money promoting your chosen products. Online advertising is very effective and for a very modest budget you can easily reach your target audience.
- Use social media to offer a free report or ebook about your niche or products to attract prospects for you. These reports are often provided by the product owner.
- Review the product on your website and include your affiliate link within your text. Use your social media pages to drive traffic to your review.
- Place banner ads on various websites that your target market will visit (these banners are generally created for you by the product owner).
- Run classified style ads in online ezines that your target market subscribe to. Ezines are electronic newsletters which are delivered via email to people who subscribe to them.
- Start writing a blog that provides information about your niche market. Include your affiliate hyperlinks within your blog posts.
- Begin building an email list of prospects using an autoresponder. Then email your prospects information about your product.
- Write articles that are relevant to your niche and and submit them article directories and ezines. Use these articles to link back to your website or blog post that contains a link to your product sales page.
- Place ads on social media sites like Facebook or Twitter.
- Create videos about your market, niche or product and put them onto YouTube and Vimeo.
- Write ‘guest blogs’. Find popular blogs in your niche and contact the blog owner. Offer to write an article for them in return for a link back to your website.
- Contribute useful comments to forums in your niche. As readers get to know you, they’ll start to check out your website and offers.
- Create good content that is relevant to your niche and that your audience will find interesting. Creating content like articles, blog posts, videos or podcasts is one of the best ways to drive free traffic to your website.
Are You Ready To Start Making Money On The Internet?
Affiliate marketing is ideal when you really want to get into a niche and start making money on the internet. There’s an avalanche of information and training courses to be found on the internet about how to earn money online. But it’s all so overwhelming, it’s a challenge to know the best place to start? This Free Internet Business Startup Bundle delivers powerful education designed to help you get up and running and start making money on the internet with affiliate marketing in the shortest time frame possible.